- Abstracts must be typed within a column width of 16cm in single spacing,
font size 12 and font style Times New Roman must
- The text of an abstract (excluding title, authors and references) must
no exceed 250 words including one table if appropriate. Figures are not allowed.
- The authors initials only and surname, without degrees ect. should appear
below title. J.M. Murray, S.J. Turner, J. Daly, P.A. O’Connor
- The address (Department, Institution, Town) should be listed next. Department
of Surgery, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Limerick.
- The text of the abstract must include data with clear descriptions of results
and conclusions. Headings within the text are not allowed. Capital letters
are not to be used to describe special terms, procedures ect. and may only
be used where appropriate (at the start of sentences, where proper nouns are
involved, with abbreviations). All abbreviations must be clearly defined.
Statistical methods must be clearly indicated.
- Up to two references may be included, in Vancouver style i.e. numbered
in the text and listed after the text in the following format:
Allen J.M., Keenan A.K., McHale N.G. Lymphatic functions in cardiovascular
disease. N.Engl. J. Med. 1999, 123:10-14.
Davis G.K., Mertt O. Transition metals in nutrition. In: Mertt O. ed. Trace
elements in nutrition (4th edition).
San Diego: Academic Press 1998: 123-132.
- Please spell check your abstract before submission.
- If your abstract contains a table, please e-mail it in word format to email@example.com.
- Abstracts are submitted on the understanding that they will be subject
to editorial approval and submission does not guarantee publication.
NB: AS ALREADY STATED, ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
PLEASE CHECK THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU QUOTE ON YOUR SUBMISSION ON A REGULAR
BASIS, AS THIS IS THE ADDRESS WE WILL USE FOR ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE.
IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME WITHIN THIS TIME, PLEASE CONTACT ME.